Thank you for your interest in joining the Minnesota Land Trust Board of Directors. Members serve an initial 3-year term and the Board meets four times per year, with two meetings held in-person and two meetings online.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Mission: Understand and support the mission and programs of the Minnesota Land Trust. Follow trends and issues related to land trusts and the protection of natural and scenic areas.
- Fundraising: Contribute financially to MLT at a personally meaningful level.
- Participation: Prepare for and fully participate in board meetings and other organizational activities. Participate in at least one board committee.
- External perspective and expertise: Provide a link with the broader community by sharing perspectives, resources and talents.
- Outreach: Serve as an ambassador and advocate for MLT. Identify potential board members and others who might assist the organization.
- Fiduciary Responsibilities: Exercise reasonable and prudent care with respect to the organizations’s financial and other assets.